Ragnar Trail Arizona
November 1 @ 8:00 am - November 2 @ 6:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Ragnar Trail McDowell Mountain is now Ragnar Arizona Trail, and it’s happening on Nov. 1-2, 2019. It might have a new name, but this epic running adventure is the same relay you know and love.
Teams spend two days, and one (or two!) star-filled night out in the desert at McDowell Mountain Regional Park, not far from Phoenix. These single-track trails are perfect for all levels of runner and are so sublime, you’ll be dreaming about them for weeks. If the trails alone don’t get you hooked, the majestic mountain views in this desert oasis will do the trick.
Party the day away at Ragnar Village, and at night, rest your legs next to the campfire, chow down on s’mores and relax with your team. Runners are welcome to join us a night earlier, starting on Thursday for a bonus day of camping, campfires, kumbaya-ing and fun!
THE CLASSIEST 5-STAR SERVICE UNDER THE STARS
Ragnar Trail Glamping is the easiest, cushiest way to run a Ragnar. Reserved sites, running water, charging stations, monkey butlers? Maybe.
Build Your Team
Ragnar Trail Relays are everything you loved about summer camp as a kid. Mix in incredibly scenic trail running, billions of stars overhead, the smell of campfire, and a festival-like experience that will leave your heart happy. We can’t promise it will be easy, but what we can promise is an unforgettable weekend with friends. You’re not just getting a race entry, prepare yourself for a two-day adventure. Here’s what to expect:
- Three incredible trails to challenge your mind, body and soul. It’s rare that runners will have the leg and lung power to run all three loops like they would running on the road. Most runners do a combination of trail running and hiking as they take in the sights.
- A free camping experience on Friday night with your teammates, and any friends or family that also want to join. Think: family camping trip meets festival with friends.
- Solace, peace, and a chance to conquer your fear of the dark during the night run.
- Free Salomon Trail Running shoe demos. Trail running requires a different kind of shoe that can withstand rocks, roots, dirt and other natural obstacles.
- Ragnar Village – A central area where teams unite around bonfires and soak up the party atmosphere.
- A free meal on Friday night for every participant. Vegetarian options available.
- Free s’mores, hot coco and coffee starting Friday night into Saturday morning.
- A Friday night movie, games and sponsor goodies and freebies at Ragnar Village.
- Yoga throughout the day on Friday and Saturday to warm up or help recover muscles.
- A fully staffed medical tent to help with any ailments.
- Portable toilets, water, designated sleeping/camping area, massages, and parking.
- Access to a free mobile application that will keep you up to date with important information, provide you with maps and help you navigate the course.
- A finisher tee-shirt, car decal and temporary tattoo for every participant.
- The best medal ever.
- Well-marked courses that are fun and easy to navigate.
- Sore legs, dirty feet, clothes that smell like campfire and memories that will last forever.
Sounds fun, right? Here’s how to build your team for the one of a kind overnight trail running relay adventure known as Ragnar Trail Relays